Sensible Minnesota is known for its educational approach to changing the stigma related to cannabis, which is what makes their 3rd Annual Minnesota Cannabis Summit so special. Event organizers have worked hard to develop a diverse curriculum that will engage a broad audience of advocates, industry professionals, patients, and consumers.
The event brings in three top-notch, in-demand keynote speakers to draw the lines between industry, advocacy, and medicine.
- Dr. Stephen Dahmer, Chief Medical Officer, Vireo Health will present “Cannabis: Where’s the Evidence?” a discussion on the research of medical cannabis: what has been done and what does it say, what are current efforts, and where should our efforts be focused in the future?
- Betty Aldworth, Executive Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy will present “On a Dime: Lessons from 10 Years of Cannabis Advocacy,” sharing what Betty has learned from Colorado’s 2012 Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol initiative, her time as Deputy Director of the National Cannabis Industry Association, and in her current role as Executive Director for the world’s largest drug policy organization.
- Ophelia Chong, Founder, Stock Pot Images and Asian Americans for Cannabis Education, will present “Diversity: The Full Spectrum” a look at the intersections of industry and advocacy, with a focus on the three pillars of diversity in the cannabis industry: inclusion, cultivation, and connection.
Three “tracks” are set with speakers focused on building an industry, reforming policies, and cannabis medicine. Speakers have a wide variety of backgrounds in advocacy and industry, as well as medicine.
Featured in the Breakout Tracks is the 2020 Legislative Preview and Effective Communication Strategies, which is a bipartisan, bicameral panel of law makers, moderated by Maren Schroeder, Policy Director for Sensible Change Minnesota. The panelists are: Senator Melisa Franzen, Senator Scott Jensen, Representative Rod Hamilton, and Representative Heather Edelson. If you have questions for the panel, you can send them ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No great cannabis education event can go off without sponsor support:
- Platinum Sponsor: Amberwing Organics by NJ Farms
- Gold Sponsor: Minnesota Medical Solutions
- Gold Sponsor: Sure Lock Packaging
- Gold Sponsor: UFCW 1189
- Gold Sponsor: House of Oilworx
- Gold Sponsor: Stigma Hemp Company
- Silver Sponsor: Crested River Cannabis Company
- Silver Sponsor: Leafline Labs
- Bronze Sponsor: Minnesota Cannabis Law
Advocacy organizations, including Sensible Minnesota and Minnesotans for Responsible Marijuana Regulation, will also be on-hand to interact with attendees and help them get involved in changing policy in Minnesota.
Registration is open through October 15, 2019, and pre-registration is required. Registration includes a light breakfast, lunch, access to all sessions, and a swag bag. Save 25% on your registration with Canna.mn exclusive coupon code: CANNAMN19. You can learn more about the event, and register by visiting www.sensible.mn/summit.